This Dodge Power Wagon does not represent Bakersfield of 2015. I am tired of the rags on Bakersfield.
1. Kern County residents are very sophisticated. I have found the judges to be far more concerned with getting it right than a lot of the arrogant judges in Los Angeles;
2. I gave a seminar on prevailing wage last year. The attendees knew the subject matter better than the typical group attending seminars;
3. Not everybody in Bakersfield is a hick. I recently had a client very much concerned about healthy eating and reading complicated books;
4. The population is not all white; it is largely Latino;
5. Many of the salaries in Bakersfield are much higher than L.A.